Low-Carb Eggplant Parmesan
Adapted from various online recipes
- Cooking spray
- 1 eggplant
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 egg
- (optional) 1 15oz can of tomato sauce
- (optional) 1/2 cup of Almond flour
- Wash and cut the eggplant into thin rounds.
- Place the eggplant rounds into a large strainer in a sink and cover with coarse (kosher) salt. Leave for 1 hour so the juice will drain.
- After 1 hour, rinse the salt off the rounds and spray a frying pan.
- Break an egg into a small bowl or plate and mix it with a fork.
- Drip the rounds into the egg on both side, and fry in a frying pan for about 2 minutes per side. OPTIONALLY – dip the rounds into almond flour before frying.
- Place the fried rounds into a 9×13 pan, cover with shredded cheese. OPTIONALLY – cover with tomato sauce.
- Bake covered for 1 hour at 350.